Home

Saturday, February 7, 2009

FileMaker Web server back on-line!

At last, my FileMaker Server is available again.

 

My host, dbdom.com, has had to move my account to a new server so have to re-install my databases and licenses but it has taken over 3 weeks.

 

I have been told that because of performance issues they now recommend 2 servers to publish using IWP (internet web publishing).  Although I agree that I want better performance I can’t justify the additional cost at this time.

 

Currently all of by web applications use IWP, a better alternative is PHP publishing but I am still learning to use it.  I will be testing PHP publishing with the Gebhardt on-line quotes in the coming weeks.

Roger Biel RogerBiel@2Geckos.com 
2Geckos Consulting, LLC www.2Geckos.com 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment