Home

Monday, November 26, 2012

Nokia Lumia 822 by Verizon

Today I upgraded to Windows Phone 8 with the Nokia Lumia 822 on Verizon

To completed the upgrade I had to lose my Unlimited data my service plan.
The new Share Everything plan is $80/mth, additional smartphone or device is $40mth.

Share Everything plan on Verizon Wireless
We give you more flexibility with Unlimited Talk and Text. Make all the calls you want at any time of the day and send texts, pictures or video messages without any overage charges. And that's not all. Pay one Monthly Account Access charge + a Monthly Line Access $40 per device to share data, talk and text across all the devices on your account.

I picked the smallest 300MB service plan because I’ve had my Android phone for a while, my 6 month data usage averaged 50MB/mth and I use my phone EVERY day but I’m using Wi-Fi data connection when home and use other Wi-Fi connections when visiting friends and clients.  Using a Wi-Fi logging tool to find hotspots then overlaid the Open Wi-Fi hotspots on Google Maps (click to see them)

I still need to use my Verizon data when on the road but by preloading maps the usage stays very low.   Verizon has several tiers of data plans and it can be easily change.  So when going on a trip I may want to increase my data usage until I get back.

These are some of the specs that caught my attention.
8MP Auto Focus Rear–Facing camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar® Lens and Dual–LED Flash
Wide angle lens f/2.2, 26mm – 16:9 28mm – 4:3, 1/3.2" camera sensor
Smart Shoot, Panorama, & Cinemagraph Lenses
16GB internal memory, Supports up to 64GB microSD card
Dual core 1.5GHz processor & 1GB of RAM
4.3", WVGA, Nokia ClearBlack OLED Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2 display,
800x480 resolution, 24 bit, 16M colors
Usage Time – up to 15.07 hrs /  Standby Time – up to 20.25 days

No comments:

Post a Comment